Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Introduction

Our Mission

This blog was created to facilitate the civilized exchange of ideas about government and law. It was born out of a frustration with the current, polarized state of debate about these things. My intent is that it can serve as a forum to introduce the best ideas from either side in a thoughtful, non-partisan manner.

The Author

The author is a lawyer living in the Washington, DC area (surprise). I spent over 10 years working on Capitol Hill for several members of Congress and committees, and am currently in the private sector, still working on government policy issues. It is my intent to stay away from those issues that I work on, though, and focus on the topics being discussed in the news.

Comments

I will enable comments, but moderate them as I have found too many websites have become bogged down in partisan rancor. I will allow any comment that is courteous and on point, regardless of whether I agree with it, and only block those that are off topic or are not keeping in spirit with the purpose of this blog.

No comments: